EZproxy Authentication Setup
August 23 2013 01:55 PM
Any institution using EZproxy as its authentication system can utilize this same tool to authorize access to eBooks. After a simple setup process, users can view their authorized eBook content by using the same credentials that they use to log in to the EZproxy system.
To set up EZproxy authentication:
- Confirm that you have a proxy server. This type of authentication requires that you have one already set up.
- Send an email with the following information to firstname.lastname@example.org:
- The exact IP address of your proxy server.
- Any additional IP ranges that you wish to register with us.
- You will then receive an email from a support representative with the following information:
- Our EZproxy data that must be added to your proxy server config file.
- Your customized, IP authenticated link for your reference. This authenticated link will allow your students/patrons to access your entire eBooks collection using their EZproxy credentials.
Host, Domain, Title, URL