How to Create a Job Alert
Kristan Halpern, Last modified by Kristan Halpern March 14 2018 12:21 PM
One of the benefits of a Vault account is that you can create job alerts to automatically receive emails about job listings. Vault will select job listings to email based on the criteria you specify in your job alert. You must be logged in to your Vault account in order to create job alerts. Be sure your Email Preferences (in My Account) are set to allow job alert emails.
To create a job alert:
- Click the arrow to the right of "My Vault" on the header bar to display the myVault drop-down menu. (You must be logged in; if you are not logged in, you will not see "My Vault" on the header bar.)
- In the myVault drop-down menu, select My Job Alerts.
- Click the Create a New Job Alert button at the bottom of the page.
- In the pop-up:
- Enter a name for the job alert.
- Select a job category.
- Select a job sub-category. The job sub-category list is based on the selected job category.
- Select a job type (Fulltime, Parttime, etc.).
- Optional: To further refine a job alert, you can add keywords and specify how they should be matched (Any Words, All Words, or Exact Text).
- Optional: To only return jobs for a specific location, specify a zip code and the radius (in miles) from that zip code.
- Click the Save button.