Debate Videos Overview
Jane Flynn, Last modified by Chris Plapp August 25 2016 07:22 PM
More than 90 full-length debate videos are now available in Issues & Controversies.
Accessing Debate Videos:
- A full list of debate videos, grouped by subject, can be accessed by clicking the new "Debate Videos" link, found in the Resources dropdown at the top of each page and from a link in the page footer. All subjects are shown by default, but users can filter the list by subject, using the subject list on the right side of the page.
- Debate videos can be accessed via basic and advanced search.
- Videos are also available from links on selected issues pages or article pages. If available, the links appear on the right-hand side of the page.
- For additional information, please see How to Access Debate Videos.
Viewing Debate Videos:
- Users can watch the entire debate by clicking play on the video player.
- Viewers can also navigate to specific points in the debate using the predefined segments, the searchable interactive transcripts that display beneath the player, or the player's preview scrubber.
- To access specific segments, click the "Segments in this Video" link, found to the right of the player. A list of segments will appear, allowing the user to skip to any segment and push play. The segment currently being played will be highlighted in the list.
- The interactive transcripts indicate the current point in the transcript by highlighting the portion of the text in blue, and will progress in real time. To jump to a different section of the video, simply click on a word within the transcript and the video will jump to that point.
- It is also possible to search for specific terms within the transcript using the "Search Video" search box found beneath the player. Enter a keyword and any results will be indicated by white notches in the black bar above the search box. Hover over the white notches for a preview of the result in context. Click on the white notches to be taken to that point in the transcript, and the video will advance as well.
- Users can also navigate using the preview scrubber. Hovering over the preview scrubber, located directly beneath the video, displays a series of preview stills, allowing users to locate specific points in a video. Clicking on the scrubber will cause the video to jump directly to that point.
- For additional information, please see How to View Debate Videos.